All you need to know about Boutonnieres and Corsages
How many flowers do I need to arrange my Boutonnieres and Corsages for my Wedding, Prom or Formal Dance?A classic essential at all prom, home coming, or wedding reception to intonation and amalgamate the couple, corsages & boutonnieres can be stunning, sophisticated and a memento in memory of the singular day. Globalrose florist designed and free delivered corsages and boutonnieres are created with the greatest care and superior flowers to make sure you look your finest on your special day. Corsages and boutonnieres can have 1 or up to 5 flowers. They can be of any color and a combination of colors.
Some Focal Flowers
Agapanthus Asiatic Lilies Calla Lilies White Calla Lilies, Carnations, Gerbera Daisies, Hydrangeas Oriental Lilies Ranunculus, Roses, Spray Roses, Star of Bethlehem, Sunflowers, Tulip Flowers
Some Secondary Flowers
Alstroemerias, Bells of Ireland, Button Pom Poms, Chrysanthemum Pom Poms, Delphiniums, Dianthus Flowers, Disbud Pom Poms, Green Ball, Hypericum, Kangaroo Paws , Liatris, Snapdragons, Stock
Some Fillers and Greens
Asters, Aster Matsumotos, Aster Solidago, Baby's Breath , Cocculus Laurifolius, Croton Leaves, Eucalyptus, Gypsophila, Leather Leaves, Leucadendron Proteas, Ligustrum, Lily Grass Bear Grass, Limoniums, Ming Green, Phoenix Roebelenii, Pilea Microphylla, Pittosporum
This is a sample guide you can use to know and calculate how many flowers you need.
Guide to the number of Flowers to you can use or need to create and make a Boutonnieres and Corsages for weddings, Prom or Formal Dances.
|Type||Main Flowers||Filler/Secondary Flowers||Green or Filler|
|Boutonniere Wedding or Prom||1 Flower||0-2 Flowers||1 Stem|
|Corsage Wedding or Prom||2 Stems||0-2 Filler Flowers||1 Stem|
|Boutonniere Wedding or Prom||1 Flower|
|Corsage Wedding or Prom||2 Stems|
|Boutonniere Wedding or Prom||0-2 Flowers|
|Corsage Wedding or Prom||0-2 Filler Flowers|
|Type||Green or Filler|
|Boutonniere Wedding or Prom||1 Stem|
|Corsage Wedding or Prom||1 Stem|
Instructions for creating Boutonnieres or Corsages for weddings, Prom or Formal Dances.
- Choose a working area that includes a table or counter top.
- On your table, have handy the following tools: one roll of green floral tape, one set of spears, floral wire and one decorative pin.
- Choose a flower stem head that is neither in full bloom nor tightly closed.
- Using your spears cut the stem approximately three to four inches below the head. You can use more than one flowers. Most are done with one or two stems. But you can have up to three blooms.
- Choose a green, filler or rose leaf that is large, green and pleasing to the eye and place it behind the rose bud.
- Take the floral wire and place it behind the leaf and the rose bud. Be sure that the leaf conceals the top of the wire. The remaining wire should be wrapped like a hairpin around the stem of the rose and the leaf holding them together.
- Take the floral tape and begin to wrap it around the two stems, making sure to conceal the entirety of the stems and the wire.
- Using your decorative pin, your boutonniere is ready to be placed on one of the groomsmen.
- You did it! Enjoy!