All you need to know about Bridesmaid Bouquets
How many flowers do I need for my beautiful Bridesmaid Bouquets?Your club of bridesmaids is made up of your top friends and treasured ones, each of whom in some way represents a facet of your passageway through life. These women are an image of you -- where you've been and the selections you've made while getting at this juncture of your life. So, when it arises to electing your bridesmaid bouquets, keep this essence in mind -- their bouquets should mirror your own, either in color or in shape, and come together to create a unified look. The bridesmaid bouquet should differentiate in some way from the bridal bouquet. It should be a smaller version, or its colors should be complementary.
Some Focal Flowers
Agapanthus Asiatic Lilies Calla Lilies White Calla Lilies, Carnations, Gerbera Daisies, Hydrangeas Oriental Lilies Ranunculus, Roses, Spray Roses, Star of Bethlehem, Sunflowers, Tulip Flowers
Some Secondary Flowers
Alstroemerias, Bells of Ireland, Button Pom Poms, Chrysanthemum Pom Poms, Delphiniums, Dianthus Flowers, Disbud Pom Poms, Green Ball, Hypericum, Kangaroo Paws , Liatris, Snapdragons, Stock
Some Fillers and Greens
Asters, Aster Matsumotos, Aster Solidago, Baby's Breath , Cocculus Laurifolius, Croton Leaves, Eucalyptus, Gypsophila, Leather Leaves, Leucadendron Proteas, Ligustrum, Lily Grass Bear Grass, Limoniums, Ming Green, Phoenix Roebelenii, Pilea Microphylla, Pittosporum
This is a sample guide you can use to know and calculate how many flowers you need for Bridesmaid Bouquets
Guide to the number of Flowers stems you can use or need to create, arrange and make a Bridal Bouquet.
|Bridesmaid Bouquet||Number of Flowers for Small Arrangement||Number of Flowers for Medium Arrangement||Number of Flowers for Large Arrangement|
|Mixed Flowers||8-10 Flowers||11-18 Flowers||19-26 Flowers|
|Star of Bethlehem||4-6 Bethlehem||7-10 Bethlehem||11-15 Bethlehem|
|Sunflowers||3-4 Sunflowers||5-7 Sunflowers||8-10 Sunflowers|
|Peonies Bridesmaid Bouquet||2-3 Peonies||4-6 Peonies||7-10 Peonies|
|Garden Roses Bridesmaid Bouquet||3-5 Roses||5-7 Roses||8-10 Roses|
|Hydrangeas Bridesmaid Bouquet||2-3 Hydrangeas||4-5 Hydrangeas||6-7 Hydrangeas|
|Rose Bridesmaid Bouquet||8-12 Roses||18-20 Roses||21-25 Roses|
|Baby's Breath (Gypsophilia) Bridesmaid Bouquet||3-5 Stems||6-8 Stems||9-12 Stems|
|Ranunculus Bridesmaid Bouquet||8-12 Ranunculus||18-20 Ranunculus||21-25 Ranunculus|
|Carnations||8-10 Carnations||11-15 Carnations||16-20 Carnations|
|Roses and Baby's Breath Bridesmaid Bouquet||8-12 Roses & 2-3 Baby's Breath||18-20 Roses & 4-5 Baby's Breath||21-25 Roses & 6-9 Baby's Breath|
|White Calla Lilies Bridesmaid Bouquet||4-5 Callas||6-8 Callas||9-12 Callas|
|Color Calla Lilies Bridesmaid Bouquet||6-8 Callas||10-15 Callas||16-20 Callas|
|Bridesmaid Bouquet||Number of Flowers for Small Arrangement|
|Mixed Flowers||8-10 Flowers|
|Star of Bethlehem||4-6 Bethlehem|
|Peonies Bridesmaid Bouquet||2-3 Peonies|
|Garden Roses Bridesmaid Bouquet||3-5 Roses|
|Hydrangeas Bridesmaid Bouquet||2-3 Hydrangeas|
|Rose Bridesmaid Bouquet||8-12 Roses|
|Baby's Breath (Gypsophilia) Bridesmaid Bouquet||3-5 Stems|
|Ranunculus Bridesmaid Bouquet||8-12 Ranunculus|
|Roses and Baby's Breath Bridesmaid Bouquet||8-12 Roses & 2-3 Baby's Breath|
|White Calla Lilies Bridesmaid Bouquet||4-5 Callas|
|Color Calla Lilies Bridesmaid Bouquet||6-8 Callas|
|Bridesmaid Bouquet||Number of Flowers for Medium Arrangement|
|Mixed Flowers||11-18 Flowers|
|Star of Bethlehem||7-10 Bethlehem|
|Peonies Bridesmaid Bouquet||4-6 Peonies|
|Garden Roses Bridesmaid Bouquet||5-7 Roses|
|Hydrangeas Bridesmaid Bouquet||4-5 Hydrangeas|
|Rose Bridesmaid Bouquet||18-20 Roses|
|Baby's Breath (Gypsophilia) Bridesmaid Bouquet||6-8 Stems|
|Ranunculus Bridesmaid Bouquet||18-20 Ranunculus|
|Roses and Baby's Breath Bridesmaid Bouquet||18-20 Roses & 4-5 Baby's Breath|
|White Calla Lilies Bridesmaid Bouquet||6-8 Callas|
|Color Calla Lilies Bridesmaid Bouquet||10-15 Callas|
|Bridesmaid Bouquet||Number of Flowers for Large Arrangement|
|Mixed Flowers||19-26 Flowers|
|Star of Bethlehem||11-15 Bethlehem|
|Peonies Bridesmaid Bouquet||7-10 Peonies|
|Garden Roses Bridesmaid Bouquet||8-10 Roses|
|Hydrangeas Bridesmaid Bouquet||6-7 Hydrangeas|
|Rose Bridesmaid Bouquet||21-25 Roses|
|Baby's Breath (Gypsophilia) Bridesmaid Bouquet||9-12 Stems|
|Ranunculus Bridesmaid Bouquet||21-25 Ranunculus|
|Roses and Baby's Breath Bridesmaid Bouquet||21-25 Roses & 6-9 Baby's Breath|
|White Calla Lilies Bridesmaid Bouquet||9-12 Callas|
|Color Calla Lilies Bridesmaid Bouquet||16-20 Callas|
Instructions on how to make a Bridesmaid Bouquet
- Choose a working area that includes a table or counter top and a floor that can resist water.
- On your table, have handy the following tools: one roll of green floral tape, one set of spears, one rubber band, two or three decorative pins and one roll of decorative ribbon.
- In a water-filled container have ready your 12 rose stems.
- One by one, remove outside petals, lower leaves and all thorns from each rose stem and place them on the table.
- Begin by making a bed of roses. Take four stems and lay them next to each other on your working table. Create a 'V' shape by making the stems come to a point.
- On top of this layer, lay four additional roses.
- Repeat step six so that you will have used all 12 stems.
- With your hands, grab all 12 stems and adjust the roses so that they are all the same height and make a round shape.
- With the help of someone else, wrap a rubber ban tightly around the stems below the leaves. The rubber band should be placed approximately two thirds from the bottom of the stems.
- Take the floral tape and concealing the rubber band, wrap the tape around the stems until you reach one third the distance from the bottom. With the same tape, continue wrapping upward until you reach the rubber band. At this point, you may cut the tape.
- Take the decorative ribbon you have chosen and wrap it around the stems, being sure to cover all the floral tape. When all the tape is covered, cut the ribbon and hold it in place by pinning it with a decorative pin. Add more pins depending on your taste.
- Take your spears and evenly trim the stems at the bottom.
- You did it!